Scrambled Eggs on Toast topped with Biltong & Microgreens
Try this simple but amazing recipe with any of our Biltong Products. We are sure that you will find it filling and a great start to your day.
3 tbsp milk (optional as the eggs will still be creamy without it)
½ – 1 tsp salt (or according to your taste)
2 – 3 grinds black pepper (or according to your taste)
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
25 g butter
2 slices of Wholegrain toast (I use Vogel’s Original Mixed Grain)
50g Biltong (or according to your taste)
- Place biltong in food processor and chop into smaller pieces, put aside for serving.
- Toast bread and slather with butter, put on plate ready for the eggs.
- Use a non-stick pan (about 25cm / 10” in diameter) and a silicone spatula or flat-edge wooden spoon.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Melt butter over medium heat, then pour eggs into the pan.
- Wait 10 seconds, then gently start pushing the spatula back and forth in long strokes all along the pan but do not stir or mix. This method allows the set eggs to be pushed out of the way and the raw eggs to run into the gap in the pan. After about 30 seconds start folding the eggs.
- Cook for around 1 minute in total if you want soft, custardy scrambled egg but longer if this is not to your taste.
- Take off the heat when it is still a tad undercooked for your taste.
- Gently push and fold the eggs for another 10 seconds – it will finish cooking with the residual heat left in the pan.
- Slide the eggs onto your slice of toast and sprinkle with your chopped up biltong…quantity and biltong flavour is completely your preference.
- Top with Pea Shoots or Lambs Lettuce or any Microgreens of your choice.
- Tuck in and ENJOY!!!